Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: Model 19 upgrade

  1. #11
    Senior Hostboard Member westend9's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 3rd, 2007
    Posts
    296
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Model 19 upgrade

    Quote Originally Posted by AltecLansingFan View Post
    Hi, maybe 8000 Hz is a tiny little to low, I think 9.000 or 10.000 Hz should be better.
    In built my setup with a crossover point of 9000 Hz., some other people copied my configuration, and they are very enthusiastic about the sound, and couldn't believe that this sound was coming out of the model 19's.
    A model 19 in combination with the big Altec drivers is wonderful, and much better as the 1" drivers.
    When you want to upgrade the crossover, don't forget the coils, especialy the 2.7 mH - 10 AWG and the .77 mH - 12 AWG North Creek Music coils are great in this configuration.
    Thank you for the reply. I am currently using an active crossover so will verify the starting crossover point of 9k-10k hz. I will make special note of the North Creek Music coils. I used Mr. Short's aperiodic design mathematics to design and build a small pair of bookshelf speakers. I have a lot of respect for North Creek.
    I saw the larger enclosures that you were using posted on the Lansing Forum but can't remember what the volume of those cabinets were. If you are still using the same cabinets, could you reply as to the internal volume or dimensions of the cabinets? Thank you.

  2. #12
    Senior Hostboard Member AltecLansingFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    113
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Model 19 upgrade

    Quote Originally Posted by westend9 View Post
    Thank you for the reply. I am currently using an active crossover so will verify the starting crossover point of 9k-10k hz. I will make special note of the North Creek Music coils. I used Mr. Short's aperiodic design mathematics to design and build a small pair of bookshelf speakers. I have a lot of respect for North Creek.
    I saw the larger enclosures that you were using posted on the Lansing Forum but can't remember what the volume of those cabinets were. If you are still using the same cabinets, could you reply as to the internal volume or dimensions of the cabinets? Thank you.
    The internal volume of my cabinets is 200 liter, the original model 19's are a little bigger.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.